The China Healthcare Investment Conference
The China HealthCare Investment Conference took place in Shanghai, March 4-6, 2014.
The Conference tackled the main current issues on investments in Chinese healthcare. As indicated in previous reports China is the world’s second largest economy but it still lags behind other nations in terms of its healthcare outcome and a recent survey by the World Health Organization ranked China 144th in terms of equity and quality of its healthcare system.
A series of specific items were addressed and debated such as:
– New ways to source innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
– Cross-border collaboration: Growing your company through technology licensing & Joint-Ventures
– Ways to exit -Comparing and contrasting money markets: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan
– Is China ready to become the 2nd largest healthcare market?
– Latest China Trends: From outsourcing to innovation
– China Healthcare Reforms: The next steps
– Is it the right time to invest in hospital services?
– China Healthcare Services: Opportunities and Challenges
– Evolving from product supplier to solution provider
– Multinational perspectives of China’s healthcare market
– China medical device landscape
– Multinational device company perspective
– A dialogue on innovation “China vs Rest of the World”
The wideness of the topics addressed shows the major interest domestic as well as foreign actors have in solving some of these issues, as fast as possible, in order to significantly improve the poor score the Chinese healthcare system is currently delivering to its 1.34 billion people.
Author : Jean-Claude MULLER, Special Advisor, Innovation & International Relationship (I&IR)
Discover our services in Marketing & Business Development: